Never Fight Plugged Cigars Ever Again
One of the beautiful things about cigars is their unique handmade nature. There aren’t machines that pump out premium cigars. Each one is hand crafted by skilled cigar makers who have made it their life’s mission to produce excellent cigars. But that also gives cigars one inherent flaw – human error. Cigar rollers are good at what they do, but they don’t get it right 100% of the time. And even when it is right, there are things like humidity and temperature that can kill the draw on a great cigar. So it’s important to have a good game plan for when you encounter a plugged cigar. In this video, I’ll take you through the PerfecDraw, a draw enhancing tool that is touted as the best on the market. Let’s see how well it really works.
There are a few things to know about using the PerfecDraw before you jump in. The list is short, but this will help you avoid an even bigger mess than the terrible draw you started with!
- First poke: The first time you insert the PerfecDraw into the cigar, you’ll want to press it into the open cap of your plugged stick. But you’ll only want to go as deep as the barbs go on the device. When I used it, that was all it took to completely open up the draw from a totally plugged cigar! This one will be difficult for guys, but don’t go too deep. Start shallow. That may be all you need.
- Slowly go deeper: I’m not trying to make these sound dirty, I promise. But if using the barbed part of the tool doesn’t open up the draw, reinsert it and go an inch deeper. Go a little deeper each time you insert the tool until the draw is just how you want it.
- Go straight: You will want to make sure that your inserting the PerfecDraw completely straight (espeically on thinner cigars). That will keep the sharp barbed tip of the tool from coming out the side of the cigar and going into your hand!
- Turn as you go: When inserting the PerfecDraw into a cigar, turn it in a clockwise manner. You don’t have to turn it when you pull the thing back out. But it will help to create an air passage when you rotate as you insert.
- If your cigar is lit: If you’ve already lit your cigar, go slowly. Once the tobacco heats up, it’ll be easy to split the wrapper or worse.
- Use it as a nubber: Once your get down to the very nub a a cigar, where it’s burning your fingers, you can easily use the PerfecDraw as a nubber. Just poke it through the side of the cigar and you’ll stop burning your finger, and continue enjoying premium flavor.
- Use it to create your perfect draw: The PerfecDraw works on plugged cigars, and on cigars where the draw is just tighter than you might want it to be. Use this tool to produce your perfect draw on every cigar you smoke.
Amazingly, the PerfecDraw opened up a completely plugged get after I followed just the first step from above. It completely changed the experience for me. And I have to admit, it was effective in a way that other draw tools haven’t been able to replicate.
However, when I tried to use it to open the draw on a cigar that was just a little bit tight, it was a little more work. I inserted just the barbs, which didn’t change anything. I had to go back a few times inserting the tool deeper every time until I actually popped the cherry off the end of the cigar. but after that, it was like smoking a completely new cigar.
I gotta say, I’ve used a lot of draw tools, but this one takes the cake. It’s the only tool that comes with a set of common sense instructions and worked when I really needed it to.